Pond LinersPond liners come in many different materials and brand names. It can be quite confusing to decide just what's best for you and your pond. How do you choose between butyl, pvc, firestone, EPDM, EPAL, LDPE and green seal? Easy - you choose fibreglass onsite moulding instead.
For peace of mind, fibreglass or grp has to be your first choice of pond liner. After all, you will spend a good deal of time and effort planning and building your pond, creating and establishing a habitat for fish and wild life. With rubber and pvc pond liners there is always the nagging thought of a possible leak or puncture. These days flexible liners can be repaired but think of the inconvenience and trouble caused by trying to find the leak and repair it.
On site fibreglass pond lining servicePre-formed rigid fibreglass pond liners are an instant solution and easy to install so long as level installation and proper backfilling support is done.
However, if you want a pond of your own design, volume, shape, size, depth and features Gee-Grp's on-site fibreglass pond lining service is the ideal solution.
Pond ConstructionFirst of all, you excavate and construct your pond with brick, lightweight block or concrete block. Non-brick surfaces can be left un rendered. However, we recommend finishing with render as the smoother the foundations of your pond the better the quality of finish of the glassfibre liner.
So why not contact us, now, by phone or web form? Our friendly site manager is there to give you advice, a price and arrange dates as you wish. We come highly recommended by the trade. In fact, we are the preferred fibreglass pond liner installers for the whole of central and the south of the UK for a long established Koi Carp supplies company.
Glassfibre pond linings - AdvantagesA pond lining of glassfibre
- has no maintenance worries
- its non porous surface - means that algae is easy to clean off and there are no problems of chemical leaching (concrete ponds)
- is non corrosive
- is highly durable
- has a high flexural strength
- is resistant to UV and extreme temperatures
- is chemically inert when processed correctly - safe to fish and wildlife
- has the resistance and strength to allow the placement of rocks and pots in and on the pond without fear of causing damage
- when produced as an on-site moulding, it allows you to integrate into your pond as many features as you like; including waterfalls, steps, terraces and islands for example
- provides the perfect seal to complex integrated filter systems you may to install into your pond
- will withstand in moderation accidental impact of sharp objects
- unlike flexible pond liners, it can be finished in a wide range of colours